The Southern California Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma established the Southern California Trauma Consortium (SCTC) in 2019. The Consortium aims to facilitate collaborations on research, outreach, education, and advocacy. All Trauma Centers in SoCal are invited to participate. Our region is unique for its high population density and the large number of trauma centers, which is ideal for large collaborative clinical trials as well as multi-institutional outreach, education and advocacy initiatives.
The current director is Dr. Jeffry Nahmias. Current projects are led by Dr. Jeffrey Nahmias (research), Dr. Brant Putnam and Dr. Sara Edwards (Stop the Bleed), Dr. Matt Martin ( Post Graduate Education Committee), Dr. Thomas Duncan (Advocacy).
Please contact Dr. Jeffry Nahmias (firstname.lastname@example.org), Dr. Areti Tillou (email@example.com) or Dr. Eric Ley (Eric.Ley@cshs.org) for more information.
You can find a list of current projects here.
- Chest Compressions (Cedars Sinai)
- Pregnancy & Trauma (UC Irvine)
- Isolated Sternal Fracture (UC Irvine)
- Trauma patients Blood shortage (Huntington)
- Pigtail vs chest tube placement for pediatric patients (CHOC)
- EAST Multi Center Trial Junior Investigator Award given to Dr. Goodman