The leadership of the Southern California Chapter of the ACS is committed to encouraging participation by young surgeons in the annual Chapter meeting. Travel stipends to help defray travel and registration costs to future local or national ACS meetings worth $1,200 are available from the Southern California Chapter. Three young surgeons* will be chosen to receive the travel stipends after submitting an application for consideration and registering to attend the 2024 SCCACS Chapter meeting. The winners will be announced at the Young Surgeons’ Breakfast on Saturday, January 20, 2024 and you must be present to receive the award.
We know that as young surgeons just starting a career, it can be difficult and costly to take time off to go to meetings and become involved in Chapter activities. We encourage you to apply for the generous travel stipend provided by your local ACS chapter by December 22, 2023 and attend a breakfast especially for you.
*Note: Applicants must be practicing surgeons—the travel stipend is not intended for Research Fellows or Residents.
Stipend Participation Requirements:
- Must be practicing surgeon – the travel stipend is not for research fellows, residents, or fellows.
- For surgeons age 45 or under.
- Complete and submit an application form.
- Register to attend the local SoCal chapter meeting.
- Winners are announced at the Young Surgeons’ Breakfast on Saturday morning. MUST be present to receive the stipend.
- You must use the stipend for travel to either a local or national meeting of the American College of Surgeons within 18 months of receipt. Other meetings are not eligible. Questions should be resolved in advance.
- You are required to submit your travel expense receipts to the local chapter office as proof of attendance at an ACS meeting.
- You will provide a report to the Chapter regarding the meeting you attended.
The deadline for submission is 5:00 pm PST Friday, December 22, 2023.