The 2024 Annual Scientific Meeting will be in Santa Barbara, CA, January 19-21, 2024.
All manuscripts requesting consideration for publication in American Surgeon should be submitted through the American Surgeon manuscript submission portal by 8:00 AM PST on Friday, January 19, 2024.
- Adhere to the journal formatting requirements: https://journals.sagepub.com/author-instructions/ASU
- Submission Portal: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/americansurgeon
- IMPORTANT: Select paper type: Special Issue SCC-ACS paper
Forward the confirmation email that you receive from American Surgeon for your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resident Research Competition: Cash prizes will be awarded for the best paper(s) submitted by a resident accepted for a plenary presentation.
Rising Star: A cash prize will be awarded for the best paper submitted and accepted for presentation by a medical student, undergraduate, and/or any other healthcare professional not at the attending/faculty level in any specialty.
Submission instructions for resident and rising star competitions:
- Send ONE word document, including the title page, abstract, manuscript, tables and figures to email@example.com by 5:00 PM PST on Friday, December 29, 2023. Any manuscripts submitted after this time will NOT be considered for the competition.
- Adhere to the American Surgeon limits for word counts, references, tables, figures: https://journals.sagepub.com/author-instructions/ASU.
For fairness, any manuscripts NOT adhering to the limits will NOT be considered for the competition.